26 May 2006

subway knitten

today i was knitting on the subway on my way down to work, as is my wont. the woman sitting next to me asked what i was doing. she was very excited about the whole thing. i was working on my square blanket (not the bullseye, which has become of mythical proportions as i continue to not work on it. but she should be done this weekend.) we proceeded to have a bit of a chat about the merits of continental knitting, and i had to admit i was not yet comfortable enough with the process. she looked at my cables and such and said, "oh, you wouldn't want to do that on that blanket anyway. it's way too complicated." she was impressed. and apparently used to design sweaters. so that was a compliment that i was very happy to receive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

nice to see the ninja blogging again. :)

12:01 AM  
Blogger RoadSide said...

Rock On Ninja! Love your posties!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home