15 March 2006

yup. there are male knitters. more than i thought.

on the subway on the way to work today i had out this blanket that i'm working on. full of cables and about 3' long. so it was slightly conspicuous. and rush hour.

so i'm happily listening to music and knitting when this rather large and agitated gentleman approaches me. he holds out his hand and says something. i fear for my life. and then i pull out my earphones.

KnittenNinja: "wha?"
RatherLargeStranger: "i do that too, man."
KnittenNinja: "awesome."

then i shake his hand. 'cuz it is awesome.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this the blanket you mentioned making for a couple you know? Mind if I ask what pattern you are using? I was thinking of making a blanket for my parents anniversary.

4:21 PM  
Blogger City Wiccan said...

That's awesome! You made a new friend. I need to just bite the bullet and pull out my knitting on the subway!

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, Male knitter in San Diego, CA. I too go out with my projects. I usually have my gear in a back-pack, like for books. My favorite spots to knit are at the coffee shops. Yes, including Starbucks. On occation, I knit on the bus system, but some of my express routes are not long enough to pull out a big afghan and do half a row. I would rather have time to do a whole row. I like your blog site, and many of your projects.

Carl in San Diego.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home